s

Saturday, May 24, 2008

and the air it all feels clear


haa you know you have been working at hmv for some time when..

a) you start to hit F7 instead of enter on a keyboard far too often

b) your home webpage is allmusic.com

c) your hands automatically ( it's subconscious I tell you!) reach out to straighten racks of CDs even when you are at Borders

d) you reach for your backpocket for a penknife when you need something cut

e) when surprised your immediate reaction is to look up and say " yep can I help you?"

f) you are unfazed when people say who are the Beatles?

g) you know exactly which mrt cab to board at serangoon so it deposits you straight onto the escalators at dhoby ghaut

h) you sigh when another girl asks you for the german version of tokio hotel's " scream"

i) you can actually recognize songs weird people " whistle" the chorus to you

j) your music library expands more than you can handle

k) the first thing you type into google preceding all else is the word lyrics

l) you hate the rolling stones and bob dylan if only because they have too many albums

m) you start to doublecheck your change a lot

n) you imagine what a tiesto remix of everything would be like after hearing his actually not bad at all version of ' back in your head'

o) you inwardly smile when you meet another who clearly loves his or her music too



ah nothing but delicious UK pure powerpop to suit my last two weeks at hmv.

Ting Tings, The - Keep Your Head



I like this song from their album best, the ' name' song that I understand is their fist single is really quite irritating after dragging on too long. Tell me if the guitar hook here doesnt make you tap your feet and I say you are one cold hard person. I get the feeling that the Ting Tings would be much better on stage than evidenced by their studio songs. Something like CSS I guess. bleh I want to go to europe just to watch bands I like play their music live.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home