s

Monday, January 07, 2008

if I don't care to eat and get running instead

(nope, cant find the image with the bicycle)
Meh my sleep schedule is totally screwed.

2008 rolled in, and if I remember correctly it was the Concrete's ' You Cant Hurry Love' around 12. Just a quirk I find myself doing every year that does not mean anything, to note the song that comes up on my player, and the only way I really ' celebrate' when a year gasps out its last few seconds.

The first show on the small screen I watched this year would be Wes Anderson's Rushmore, which was delightfully lent to me. As again in his films, some of the songs arent bad at all! If a show didn't slip my mind, the last film I watched for the last year was the Breakfast At Tiffany's/ Die Hard 4.0 double bill at 4am viv's place. Weird combination you may think, but nothing like a brainless action show to unwind after hepburn. Tiffany's really not what you think though, there is a certain kind of absurd in it, and I mean the beckett/ harold pinter kind, and of course, there is hepburn. hah thanks for the poster viv. Anyhow I enjoyed both shows thoroughly , but really these musings do not belong here, so I shall leave them for another blog at another time.

Back to the screwed sleep schedule. I think it is actually affecting my playlists. For instance there is a certain kind of music that I find myself selecting as I wake in the morning and run like hell for the train. It's becoming a routine actually. Wake up grab breakfast plug on earphones get to station get on train carriage number 16 since it would exit right at dhoby ghaut's escalators. And when the shift is done, plug on another certain kind of music for the leisure walk from town to dhoby ghaut. Oh what happened to the days of having my playlists decided randomly by shuffle to ensure fairplay to all? ah how circumstances change.

I would be hard pressed to explain the *kind* of music I put on simply with words. But this song invariably finds itself played as the first song every morning for the past two weeks or so.

So someone said it was the perfect " my song" when she suggested tagging a song in a particular album to those that were there. I leave it up to the rest of the readers who know me here to judge. *takes cover*

Im From Barcelona - Oversleeping

Go look this band up if something in this song strikes and tugs at your interest. They are a Swedish ( haha what else can they be ) band that specializes in really constantly hyped music that you just *cant* not but smile to when you hear them.

Careful though tunes like this should be rationed for they lose their magic really quick overplayed. Argh but the temptation!

damn swedes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home