s

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

there's a failure in me/ there's a flaw in you

Cant resist another lo-fi indie song the constant rain is perfect for such a mood these nights.

Though I wonder why the above should be so, for my recent memories of nights like these are not in the least bit pensive or anything such. Running to pull a damn boat up from the flooding shoreline/ huddled around a can of shared beef cubes ( I think) with friends at the back of a truckful of snoring guys while it rained cows outside/ and this one stretches one year back keeping sentry on a soggy hill while pointlessly discussing life, the universe, and everything inbetween with the other posted watcher/ stuff like that. So fun.

Anyhow, Orillia Opry is Daniel Noble and Emma Baxter, from Montreal, Canada, where I seem to be featuring lots of people from lately. Cant help it I like their kind of indiepop along with the swedes. He plays the guitars and sings, while she provides marvelously enchanting vocals that harmonizes with everything near perfectly. Put the song on, go on it's just a click to the right side, and tell me if her lilting woven voice isnt of just the right timbre, the right suppleness, in a perfect weave with the song's other elements. What irony though, such harmony in a song plainly about a breakup.

Dont we all wish we can meet the sadness of any heartbreak with the same " plainest of adornment, with the evenest of tones", as how this duet is done? or so as the listener at Said The Gramophone puts it very succinctly:
" Such a fearsome, gentle chorus: "If you come back / come back with a heart attack". A heart attack! Like it's the easiest thing to sing, like there's nothing tightening in their chest as they stare you down.."
I do not know about you but I have not heard another that is as pretty and bitter a breakup song as " I Lied".

Perfect for nights like these.

Orilla Opry - I Lied

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home