s

Sunday, October 07, 2007

well you know i've tried

I have no idea how this found its way into my 'songs' folder, I think I once meant to put it up on this blog before, but never could find the appropriate words to go along with it.

Anyhow, this song was somehow striking enough to catch my ears once again while randomly going through my archives. It shies just over two minutes long, but within this devastatingly fragile and plaintive frame of a serene melody, so much sentimentality and heartbreak is contained within that it *is* kinda hard to get through it completely sometimes. Haha laugh all you want, but that is the way it catches and simply is.

I cant find out the name of the singer, but well, her voice is - meh cant think of a better term- sensitively mature in a very attractive fashion. She possesses just the right touch of distance even though " We Used To Talk" is basically a lament. A lament for a dissolution of a relationship where not even a slightest silver of communication goes across anymore. She does not mention the reasons so, but that makes sense because really those do not really matter, and are not the point here.

After repeated listens, there's a hint, somewhere in there of a buried wonder, or as close as I can tell anyway, a wonder why she or the other person is unable to find the time or effort to pick up a phone and well, talk.

So there.

HELLO STRANGER - WE USED TO TALK

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home