s

Sunday, February 11, 2007

ok i lied/ it wasnt an accident


When one reads Nashville, one thinks of serious country folksy twangs.. or according to this wiki: the " hollywood of christian entertainment industry". But oh no, there will always be a few apples in the barrel that choose to stand out on purpose.

Introducing Lylas ( go wiki their name, but dont ask me whether that's really where they got it from) with " Bit By A Witch", lifted from a Halloween special they did. At my first pass at this song I simply did not know what to make of it. The tune managed to sound noddingly folksy yet cutefully twee at the same time, but whatever it was the result was delightful. The ' dear diary' start should be a classic, never before had I thought a first line like this could actually make it.. plus I think it would be hilarous to see this song live.

This song does really stand out, and rightfully so. Such freshness and originality is reassuring, and I cant exactly place my finger on it but the kind of cheerful irony in the song is utterly enjoyable.

LYLAS - BIT BY A WITCH

Lylas lists ' christmas songs' as one of its influences on myspace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home