s

Sunday, December 03, 2006

my-ring-ting-ma-ding-ti-me-li-lie-doh-ring-ti-me-ding-ti-me-doodle

I do not know the original artist Colin Mehoy of the Decemberists covers here, but still this song is one of those gems that lurk very quietly while gently worming their way into your ears over time.

Both Colin's and Carson Ellis' ( album illustrator for the Decemberists) voices are at the very least - unusual. Here however, they are perfect for the gangly folksy tune that I'd like to think mysterious and wild gypsies dance to around a campfire as faint embers wisp upwards towards the bright moon. Although I have never met a real gypsy before. Heh look it's just a romantic sterotype brought on by authors like Gaiman and the like so leave me alone.

It is songs like this that make me constantly try to dig up music from anywhere, as you never know when one might surprise you just like that, and you find yourself in love with something you never heard before...gently pointing you in another direction you once overlooked.

COLIN MELOY - CHARLIE

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home