s

Thursday, July 06, 2006

so call out to nothing see if it awakens

Like coffee, this song hits and perks you up without you actually noticing it, and it's only when you stare down at that empty mug with brown foam the only remnants and evidence of the mix now swirling around in you body that you realize that what you have just downed is good. Very good.

I am not very sure where I snagged this song from, but I am grateful for it. It lurked around in my hard disk for a long while until I loaded it up onto my mp3 player sometime last year, and found its way worming into my ear quite often. The reveberating electric guitar at the fore is reason enough for repeated listens, you can't quite put your finger on it, but you follow its up and downs, changes in key, and shifts in tone that constantly keep the jingle fresh. Another thing is that the song is cleverly arranged such that the guitar, no doubt the backbone , is given ample time to settle in for close to a minute before the vocals come in, adding appropiately to the whole pristine and patient nature of the song that sings of leaving and creating memories.

Music perfect for watching the world go by, or at least for cycling along east coast with a good view of an oranging sky if youre the romantically nostalgic sort. The only complaint I have is that the song halts a little too abruptly.

Twin Atlas - Roll On

their site, nothing on them about them on allmusic though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home