s

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

oh I do believe in all the things you say/ what comes is better than what came before

Before anything, put on Cat Power's " I Found A Reason", then read on.





And what's there for me to write? Her raw etheral voice speaks for itself. This is the song I imagine that when it plays just about anywhere, everything simply stops.. and listens. This is the song I imagine Wordsworth's solitary reaper to be singing as she bends against the wind. This is the song I imagine that plays at those sheer moments, when you feel things start collapsing towards the center.

Chan Marshall, or Cat Power as she performs under, had released 7 albums over the course of a decade, each to what seemed like almost always critical acclaim. Little wonder, for her sparse and simple arrangements bring out her catharic and bittersweet vocals to the forefront, burning away every thought in your head, every worry in your heart, every sand in your eye as you listen, and know that it all has to end soon. This song was taken off her album of covers, an amazing collection of Marshall's reinterpretations of songs ranging from the Stones' anthem "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" to Bowie's " Wild Is The Wind".

Plus " I Found A Reason" was recently featured in V For Vendetta.

Cat Power - I Found A Reason (Cover)

Her official site here:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home